Occupational therapists think there is a connection between well-being, wellness and job. Findings from research over the years suggest that job has a significant impact on well-being and health. Which range from outcomes, it is apparent that the operation in jobs is a significant part normal life. Modifications or withdrawal in job to get someone have a substantial effect on well-being and an individual’s self-perceived wellbeing.
‘Occupational therapy is involved with the functions as well as the person, jobs, interactions and activities within the personal atmosphere of the individual. Occupational therapy empowers and enables the person to be a confident and capable actor in their life and enriches their well-being. Occupational therapy utilizes actions therapeutically and creatively to decrease the results of dysfunction and to reach. Occupational therapy requires that the person to participate actively in the practice of treatment and also to be a partner with the therapist in designing and directing this procedure’ (Hagedorn 1997).
The aim of occupational therapy is to allow the customer to reach an effective and satisfying life through the development of abilities which enables him to work at a level acceptable for many others and himself. Occupational therapy is centered upon enabling the person instead of planning for normality, wanted opinions or conformity. The next six Components represent a consensus in the profession:
- Occupational Functionality — occupational therapists are concerned with how people function within their job, leisure and domestic/personal self-care. A person performance might become if he becomes unwell emotionally or physically, disrupted or diminished. We use these individuals who encounter some difficulty in their Everyday life working
- Significance of being Busy — through being busy it is thought that we understand about ourselves, build abilities and keep out physical/mental wellness
- Therapeutic use of Actions — occupational therapy may be employed to boost patient’s functioning and is premised on the concept that action can be curative. We employ activities from the treatment procedure valuing the actions attributes, the experience of ‘performing’ the end-product along with the action. Occupational therapists use two chief forms of actions, activities of daily living (cooking) and especially orientated therapy tasks (like group work). Treatment entails adapting and grading the action to permit the individual to achieve an optimum level of satisfaction and performance.
- Problem-solving Procedure — the occupational therapy process (evaluation – treatment strategy — execution of therapy — test) is mainly a qualitative procedure.
- Holistic gaze — Occupational therapists intention to look at and treat people as complicated, entire beings, whereby attending emotional, cognitive, physical and social facets of the individual
- Unique individuals — all people are regarded as distinctive and the consequence this carries for occupational therapy is that every individual needs her or his very own therapy programmed, including objectives goals and aims. Visit here theotclinic.com.au/occupational-therapy-2/.